Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trusting God Into Unemployment...

On December 1st 2010, my wife & I made a decision that would forever change our future. I resigned my position at Sunnyside Christian Church where I have been the Student Pastor for the past 5 years.

I was not fired, I was not asked to resign, and I did not do anything immoral. I am leaving with my integrity intact and on good terms with the leadership of the church.

The part that forever changed our future, is that we made this decision without a job for me to go to, or an idea of what I will do next.

So why would I do this?

Well, it was a decision that I have been thinking about and wrestling with for awhile. I found myself in a place where my heart & passion were not one-hundred percent in my ministry. Because of that, I did not feel it was fair to the church, my adult leaders that I work with, and especially to the students, that I continue as their Student Pastor if my whole heart was not in it.

Another big part of this was church business and politics. I just got tired of the non-sense of the corporate world sliding into this church and the changes in the way it is run/ overseen.

As you can imagine, this was a very hard decision to make, but one that my wife Sarah & I believe God was leading us to. So, I am trusting God to provide as I enter the world of the unemployed on Monday, January 3, 2011.

Sometimes for our faith to grow we have to put ourselves in an uncomfortable place. This decision will force us to trust God to provide and rely on Him to get us through it. Ultimately, we believe this decision will cause much spiritual growth in our lives. God is stirring something in my heart and in His time he will reveal what's next for me.

Sarah & I want to first and foremost be obedient to God, to do His will, and bring Him glory! I hope that you want that too. I pray that God would bless you greatly, and that you would be obedient to Him.

1 comment:

James and Robyn said...

Praying with you in this. I love that you are going where God leads, even in the uncertainty.