Monday, December 7, 2015

Recovery Week 5: November 30 - December 6, 2015

I continue to heal well and feel better. Some numbness remains in my chin, bottom lip, and mouth. My hip and thigh are still a little sore from the bone graft, but getting better each day.

I felt like I had a lot more energy this week. I had no appointments this week with the Surgeon or Orthodontist, so this week felt more normal. Well, normal if I was on vacation from work, choosing a liquid diet, and to have my jaw rubber-banded shut.

I tried to be more active and do some normal and fun stuff. For example, on Monday, I took Uriah to Summit (the building formerly known as Brunswick XL). We bowled and played some video/ ticket games. Here are some pictures of Uriah bowling and with his prizes from the tickets.

 
 

On Saturday, Carmen had a tea party with friends (9 little girls 5-7 years old counting Carmen) for her birthday. Sarah did a great job planning and hosting. I played photographer it was a lot of fun. Here a a few pictures from the tea party.




Since I had more energy, I started some light workout stuff this week. I can't run yet or do a full workout, but I was able to do some brisk walking and light resistance work to get back in the habit of working out. I figured since I am losing weight being on a liquid diet, I might as well start some good habits again, so I can keep the weight off and be in better shape when I can start eating normally.

Anyways, not a whole lot to report this week. Here are some updated pictures of my face. 




As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I pray that God blesses you and your family.

No comments: