Monday, December 14, 2015

Recovery Week 6: December 7-13, 2015

I had a follow up with my Surgeon on Tuesday of this week. Everything continues to go well with my healing. During this visit they removed the skeletal wires from my top and bottom jaw. It was a very odd experience. It's didn't hurt that much, but there was a lot of pressure as they just yank them out. It made a strange popping sound as they came out, almost like a suction cup being pulled off a window. Those suckers were pretty deep into my gums and jaw. Oh, they don't use anything to numb the area like novocain. Here are some pictures of the skeletal wires before they were pulled and my gums after they were pulled out.



Some more positive notes, I can now brush my teeth & gums with a normal tooth brush (instead of a little kid one), blow my nose again, and I don't have to sleep elevated any more.

Everything continues to improve. I still have some numbness in my chin and bottom lip, but that continues to be less as more of the nerves wake up. I also still have a little bit of soreness and aching in my hip from the bone graft. Again, this continues to be less as I become more active and continue to heal.

Here are some pictures of my face as it continues to heal.




Thanks for reading and God bless!

No comments: