Monday, November 16, 2015

Recovery Week 2: November 9-15, 2015

Recovery week two was better than week one. Swelling came down a lot in my face, and pain levels came down a lot as well. I have also been sleeping better this week. I was able to change out my rubber bands that hold my jaw shut a couple times on my own. It nice to be able to take those out and brush my teeth and drink a meal with out them in. I was also able to drink out of a cup some. My chin and bottom lip are still mostly numb, but I am figuring things out.

Monday was a pretty uneventful day. On Tuesday, my Mom took me to a follow up appointment with my Surgeon. It was a good appointment. The Surgeon said things were looking good and healing well.

Wednesday, I was home with my son Uriah. We had a fun day playing games, watching TV, and just hanging out together. In the evening my friend Grant came to hang out. He stayed for dinner and we watched some UFC Ultimate Fighter together. It was great day as it brought some normalcy for me.

Thursday was the roughest day of the week. I was in a bit more pain than the previous few days. I might have did a little too much the day before. I also had some stomach/ constipation issues. Once those resolved I felt much better.

Friday, I had an Orthodontist appointment as they wanted to see how things looked. Thanks again to my Mom for driving me. I was also able to attend my church Life Group on Friday night and that was fun. That was probably the most I have talked since the surgery.  

Saturday, I went to some stores with Sarah and the kids and in the evening watched a UFC PPV at friends house. Saturday was probably the most active I have been since the surgery. It left me pretty tired on Sunday.

Sunday, I went to church and then stayed home and relaxed the rest of the day. One weird thing. The bandage covering the bone graft incision spot came off. This is the first time I have seen that. Here is a picture.

Incision area in my right hip from where the bone graft for my top jaw was taken.

Overall it was a good week. I am feeling better as each days passes. I want to thank all of you who have been praying for me, texting, emailing me, commenting on my facebook page. I appreciate the love, support, and encouragement.

I also want to say thanks to all those who have brought meals for Sarah and the kids. That has really helped out, and Sarah and I are very appreciative of that.

Below are some pictures showing how much the swelling has gone down since last Monday. The pictures on the left are from Monday, November 9, and the pictures on the right are from this morning, Monday November 16.


 

 As always thanks for taking the time to read my blog. May God bless you and your family.

2 comments:

The Freditorialist said...

Looking good man! Say, how about a full DuckDynasty beard? Good season for it now too! Keep warm!

Unknown said...

Looking good brother!!