Sunday, November 1, 2015

Time To Rearrange My Face

November 2, 2015 will probably be a day I never forget, because I am having my jaw surgery to fix my under-bite. It's been a long journey to get here. If you need to catch up, you can read these other posts:

Post 1: My New Metal Mouth.

Post 2: My First Surgery.

Post 3: 2nd Level Appeal Approved.

Back to today. Today will be one of the most significant days in this journey. Surgery day has arrived.

The question I seem to get most is, "Are you nervous?"

The answer is, "Yes, I am little nervous."

I have never had a major surgery. I have never been under anesthesia. However, I am as prepared and ready as I can be. I also feel like I have an army of people praying for me, and I take great peace in that. I know God is in control and I am confident everything will go fine.

I am most nervous about the recovery. My jaw will be wired shut for six weeks. I will be on a liquid diet during that time, and on leave from work. I am not exited to have to drink all my meals, but on the plus side, I should have some much needed weight loss.

The next most asked question I get is, "What exactly are they doing to your jaw?" I will spare you the gory details, but the simple answer is they are cutting my top jaw and moving it forward, and adding bone from my hip/ pelvis area (via bone graft), and they will be cutting my bottom jaw and moving it backwards. Then they will use some screws and brackets to put it all back together and wire it shut so it can heal and I can have a proper bite.

I would really appreciate your prayers for my surgery and recovery and for my wife as she takes care of me.

I will post some updates and some pictures after surgery.

As always, if you take the time to read this blog, may God bless you greatly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for you, Tony!